Texas Instruments' UCC20225 is an isolated single input, dual-channel gate driver with 4 A source and 6 A sink peak current in a space-saving 5 mm x 5 mm LGA-13 package. It is designed to drive power MOSFETs, IGBTs, and SiC MOSFETs up to 5 MHz with best-in-class propagation delay and pulse-width distortion, in applications requiring the highest power density.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 2.5 kVRMS reinforced isolation barrier with a minimum of 100 V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI). Internal functional isolation between the two secondary-side drivers allows a working voltage of up to 700 VDC.
This driver can be used for half-bridge driver with programmable dead time (DT). A disable pin shuts down both outputs simultaneously when it is set high and allows normal operation when left open or grounded. As a fail-safe measure, primary-side logic failures force both outputs low.
The device accepts VDD supply voltages up to 25 V. A wide input VCCI range from 3 V to 18 V makes the driver suitable for interfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All the supply voltage pins have undervoltage lock-out (UVLO) protection.
With all these advanced features, the UCC20225 enables high power density, high efficiency, and robustness in a wide variety of power applications.
- Single input, dual output
- 5 mm x 5 mm space-saving LGA-13 package
- Operating temperature range -40°C to +125°C
- Switching parameters:
- 19 ns typical propagation delay
- 10 ns minimum pulse width
- 5 ns maximum delay matching
- 6 ns maximum pulse-width distortion
- Common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) greater than 100 V/ns
- Surge immunity up to 4600 V
- 4 A peak source, 6 A peak sink output
- TTL and CMOS compatible inputs
- 3 V to 18 V input VCCI range to interface with both digital and analog controllers
- Up to 25 V VDD output drive supply
- Programmable dead time
- Rejects input pulses and noise transients shorter than 5 ns
- Fast disable for power sequencing
- Safety-related and regulatory approvals:
- 3535 VPK isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 and DIN EN 61010-1 (planned)
- 2500 VRMS isolation for 1 minute per UL 1577 (planned)
- CSA component acceptance notice 5A, IEC 60950-1 IEC 61010-1 end equipment standards (planned)
- CQC certification per GB4943.1-2011 (planned)