Blynk is a platform with iOS and Android apps that allows the user to easily build graphical interfaces by dragging and dropping widgets to control your IoT projects. With the Blynk app a user can control the SparkFun Blynk board or any other compatible hardware remotely by displaying sensor data, analyzing your surroundings, activating a function of a project, and much more.
Each SparkFun Blynk Board comes fully programmed and includes a Blynk subscription code card, which is needed to connect the Blynk Board to a Blynk account. Simply connect the board to a Wi-Fi network and start controlling the Blynk Board in no time.
The Blynk Board is built around the economic yet powerful ESP8266 framework that will allow the user to connect to most open or WPA, WPA-2, or WEP secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks. The Blynk Board interfaces with the outside world using input/output (I/O) “pins” that can either control real-world objects, like motors or LEDs, or read in values from sensors (like light or position). Each of the Blynk Board’s pins is accessible via the large, metal-encircled holes on the edge of the board, which are designed to easily interface with alligator clip cables for quick prototyping. During setup, the RGB LED on the Blynk Board will provide feedback to indicate various statuses.
- On-board Si7021 temperature and humidity sensor
- Solderless pin connectors; compatible with alligator clips
- On-board WS2812 RGB LED
- General purpose LED and button
- ADC scaled to 0 V to 3.3 V
- Expansion connectors for I2C and WS2812 output
- LiPo battery charger
- Arduino programmable
- Over a dozen pre-loaded Blynk projects
- No programming required to connect the board to Blynk and run through the example projects
- Blynk subscription code-card included