ON Semiconductor's RSL10 is a multiprotocol Bluetooth 5 certified radio SoC, which brings ultra-low-power wireless technology to IoT. Offering the industry’s lowest power consumption, RSL10 helps provide devices like heart rate monitors with advanced wireless features while optimizing system size and battery life.
Unlike most other multi-protocol radio SoCs, RSL10 is specifically designed for applications using 1.2 V and 1.5 V batteries, and supports a voltage supply range between 1.1 V and 3.3 V without a required DC/DC converter. The highly-integrated radio SoC features a dual-core architecture and a 2.4 GHz transceiver, providing the flexibility to support Bluetooth low energy technology and 2.4 GHz proprietary or custom protocols.
- Ultra-low-power: RSL10 provides an incredibly power efficient operation for a wide range of applications with its superior overall power profile, including some of the industry's best numbers in deep sleep Mode (62.5 nW) and Rx in receive mode (7 mW)
- Advanced multi-protocol wireless functionality:
- Rx sensitivity: -94 dBm
- Transmitting power: -17 dBm to +6 dBm
- Supports Bluetooth low energy (BLE) and 2.4 GHz proprietary/custom protocols
- Supports firmware over the air (FOTA)
- Flexible voltage supply range (1.1 V and 3.3 V): Supports devices using 1.2 V and 1.5 V batteries without a required external DC/DC converter
- Ultra-miniature: RSL10 is offered in a 5.50 mm2 WLCSP and a 6 mm x 6 mm QFN. For added miniaturization, the radio SoC can be integrated into System-in-Package (SiP) solutions which combine RSL10 with a custom ASIC
- Sophisticated dual-core architecture: Features a programmable ARM® Cortex®-M3 processor for clocking speeds up to 48 MHz and the flexibility to support 2.4 GHz proprietary and custom protocol stacks. An embedded digital signal processor (DSP) enables signal processing intensive applications, such as wireless audio codecs
- On-chip and software wireless support: Features a 2.4 GHz padio frequency front-end (RFFE) and a Bluetooth 5 certified baseband controller which supports 2 Mbps data rates. A wide range of supported BLE protocols are provided in the RSL10 development tools kit
- Highly-integrated system-on-chip (SoC): The powerful dual-core architecture is complemented by high-efficiency power management units, oscillators, Flash, and RAM memories, a DMA controller, and peripherals and interfaces