From sensor to Cloud, Microchip’s DM990101 and DM990004 Internet of Things (IoT) Ethernet kits powered by Medium One (software-as-a-service) offer an innovative, all-in-one IoT development package. Ethernet technology is becoming the most reliable and stable connectivity, enabling industrial IoT applications at an accelerated rate. This IoT kit uses an Ethernet LAN8740A and comes pre-loaded with Medium One Cloud service and mobile application (from Saritasa), as well as corresponding Microchip firmware. The firmware in the kit makes use of MPLAB®Harmony, FreeRTOS™, and WolfMQTT allowing for quick-start IoT design. The Ethernet port is controlled by a 32-bit micro-controller which benefits from the 2 MB Flash of the PIC32MZ EF, providing plenty of memory space for the application code.
The security is addressed using WolfSSL features. The kit communicates with the Medium One Cloud over MQTT with TLS security, using both publish and subscribe topics. The mobile app communicates with the Medium One Cloud via REST over HTTPS.
The DM990101 comes with pre-configured code to support four sensors: pressure, temperature / humidity, air quality, and motion. In addition, hundreds of other different sensors can be plugged into the MikroElektronika mikroBUS™ footprint allowing for prototyping a large variety of IoT proof-of-concepts. MikroElektronika add-on boards are available for purchase here.
- Connect thePIC32MZ EF to AWS IoT and start prototyping IoT solutions from sensor to Cloud
- Use a stable connection benefiting from the Ethernet LAN8740A port
- Setup an AWS IoT account to work with the IoT Ethernet kit
- Use the board design as a foundation to the solution
- JSON-based data payload
- Easy setup out of the box with the user's AWS account
- Reduce time to market by leveraging the firmware as a base for the IoT solution and add code to address the targeted use cases
- Customize the insight on things desktop application to achieve prototyping goals
- Developed as a prototyping kit for industrial Ethernet environments
- MPLAB Harmony: integrated software framework