Intel's Enpirion® EN6382QI, a scalable 8 A high efficiency DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor, delivers an outstanding combination of power density and conversion efficiency. The EN6382QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a small 8 mm x 8 mm QFN package. The estimated total solution size is 160 mm2.
The EN6382QI is pin compatible with the 6 A EN6362QI. This gives designers the flexibility to optimize for cost, if they find they can get by with a 6 A solution without having to change the PCB. Excellent conversion efficiency enables the EN6382QI to deliver 8 A continuous operating current across the full industrial operating temperature range.
Because of its high level of integration, the EN6382QI is a power supply system that is designed, characterized, and qualified as a system resulting in a low risk solution with industry best FIT rates. The EN6382QI will dramatically improve the system reliability versus discrete power supply solutions.
- Increased power density
- Excellent conversion efficiency up to 96%
- Optimized total solution size of 160 mm2
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Pin compatible with the 6 A EN6362QI
- Precision enable for sequencing
- Programmable soft-start
- Thermal, overcurrent, short-circuit, reverse current limit, and undervoltage protections