The BCM89200 device is Broadcom's first fully integrated BroadR-Reach multilayer switch to support automotive qualification (AEC-Q100) for in-car networking applications. The BCM89200 is part of a family of products that provide optimal solutions for key automotive designs that have high-performance yet challenging low-power requirements. Building upon industry-leading 65 nm architecture, the BCM89200 supports multiple intuitive low-power modes as well as an automotive cable diagnostics feature.
- Enhanced architecture supports nonblocking, line-rate data transfer at wirespeed performance for all frame sizes over unshielded single-pair twisted cable
- Integrated switch core with provisions for the integrated ARM® Cortex® R4 processor and dedicated on-chip SRAM to send and receive frames
- Processor subsystem that supports timing stack and AVB bridging support functions
- Deep sleep and ultra-low power mode support, which reduces power consumption to zero during periods of inactivity
- Peer-to-peer and end-to-end transparent clocking in hardware