THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota, USA - March 25, 2011
In an unprecedented industry move, Digi-Key Corporation, a global electronics component distributor, recently announced that it will immediately cease all print versions of its product catalog and TechZone™ Magazine, offering this content exclusively online. This all-digital decision, driven by the company's efforts to be environmentally vigilant, marks a major milestone in Digi-Key's transition into a totally integrated Internet-based distributor, using state-of-the-art technology to support customers and streamline sales for suppliers worldwide.
Information about, and inventory of millions of products distributed by Digi-Key, are just clicks away for customers around the globe, all shipped from a single location. Integrating all product and support information online puts engineers and procurement professionals in control as they solve tough product development challenges.
The company's online offerings include:
- An online BOM Manager for easily customized order assembly and packaging.
- A state-of-the-art online system to process purchases — from order entry to shipping — in as few as 15 minutes.
- More than 1,000 exclusive PTM Online…On Demand® product training modules.
- Online interactive TechZone™ magazines focused on lighting, microcontroller, power, sensor and wireless solutions; natural extensions of Digi-Key's online www.digikey.com/technologyzones.
- Another Geek Moment videos feature products and show engineers, who are designing with components from Digi-Key, how to accomplish particular functions or solve unique problems. These videos can also be viewed on Digi-Key's YouTube channel.
- A Digi-Key toolbar for engineers, purchasers and electronic enthusiasts, for quick and easy access to information about parts details, training and more.
- PurchasingPro for electronics buyers – the latest, need-to-know information about prices, lead-times and market conditions, as well as the latest news and analysis of critical supply chain issues.
- Digi-Key's Mobile and Social Center where customers can interact with Digi-Key.
- Digi-Key's Reference Design Library, which allows customers to search for designs based on a circuit's performance instead of searching several manufacturers' sites or calling on companies to find and compare designs.
Digi-Key's total integration strategy is also recognized by the Bishop & Associates' 2010 U.S. Customer Survey of the Electronic Distribution Industry, which ranked Digi-Key No. 1 for best in on-time delivery, ease of ordering, and product depth, availability and easy-to-find-information on the company's website. In addition, an EE|Times Distribution study of North American design engineers in October 2010 found Digikey.com to be, by far, the website most frequented by respondents.
Digi-Key Corporation focuses on providing customers with superior service, which includes product selection and availability, on-time delivery, and responsiveness. Using leading-edge processes and state-of-the-art technologies, Digi-Key serves a global customer base from its 600,000 square foot facility in Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA.
About Digi-Key Corporation
Digi-Key Corporation, based in Thief River Falls, Minn., is a global, full-service provider of both prototype/design and production quantities of electronic components, offering more than three million products from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. With over one million products in stock and an impressive selection of online resources, Digi-Key is committed to stocking the broadest range of electronic components in the industry and providing the best service possible to its customers. Additional information and access to Digi-Key's broad product offering is available on the Digi-Key website.