THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota, USA - August 23, 2010
Electronic components distributor Digi-Key Corporation, in partnership with EE|Times Group, will present a virtual conference entitled "Digi-Key Symposium: Lighting and System Design" Thursday, August 26, 2010.
A virtual conference is an interactive event that incorporates online learning, live chat sessions, active navigating in and out of exhibit booths and sessions, vendor presentations, contests, and more. Because this is a virtual conference, attendees may experience the event live from their own desks at work or at home.
According to the article "Companies turn to virtual trade shows to save money" that was published on the USA Today website in January, 2010, "Virtual shows combine the latest technology in webcasting, online chats, video streaming, webinars and avatar graphics to offer the elements of trade shows: exhibitor booths, speeches, seminars, distribution of marketing literature and social 'gatherings.'"
"The great thing about hosting a live virtual conference is that anyone can attend the event from his or her office or living room anywhere in the world while still gaining valuable knowledge," said Tony Harris, Digi-Key's chief marketing officer (CMO). "This event is especially exciting because it focuses on one of the hottest markets in the industry: lighting. We're providing useful information for varying audiences including engineering students and professors, hobbyists and professional design engineers, and procurement specialists for the lighting industry. With access to a range of topics on lighting and system design, there is truly something for everyone at Digi-Key's virtual conference."
Below is a list of speakers scheduled to present during the Digi-Key Symposium "Lighting and System Design."
- Keynote Address – Presented by Vrinda Bhandarkar, Senior Market Research Analyst for Strategies Unlimited
- Driving Today's Lighting Technologies – Panelists include Kevin Belnap, MCU Lighting and Renewable Energy Business Development Manager for Texas Instruments; Vipin Bothra, Application Manager for STMicroelectronics; Bryan Legates, LED Driver Design Manager for Linear Technology; and Jovani Torres, Regional Marketing Manager for Cree.
- Solve My Lighting Problems: Ask the Experts – Panelists include Anthony Bruggeman, Lighting Supplier Business Development Manager for Digi-Key Corporation; Steve Dahl, Applications Engineer – Mechanical Engineering Specialist for Digi-Key Corporation; David Lunsetter, Applications Engineer – General Engineering Specialist for Digi-Key Corporation; and Shawn Rhen, Applications Engineer – General Engineering Specialist for Digi-Key Corporation.
- Industry Address: The Technology Behind the SSL Inflection Point – Presented by Mark McClear, Global Director of Applications Engineering for Cree LED Components.
- Lighting the Future – Panelists include Richard Chung, Director of WW PCIA Marketing and Power Products for Fairchild Semiconductors; Eran Fine, Co-founder and CEO of Oree; Paul Scheidt, Product Marketing Manager of LED Components for Cree; and Brian M. Terao, Director of Solid State Lighting in North American Markets for OSRAM Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Procurement Issues – Panelists include Chris Beeson, Vice President of Sales and Volume Business Division for Digi-Key Corporation; Vrinda Bhandarkar, Analyst of LED Practice for Strategies Unlimited; Mark Palamar, Senior Director of Operations for Qualcomm; and Allan Yogasingam, Technical Marketing Analyst for UBM TechInsights.
For more information and to register for the Digi-Key Symposium: Lighting and System Design virtual event, go to http://eetimes.com/virtualshows/lighting.
About Digi-Key Corporation
Digi-Key Corporation, based in Thief River Falls, Minn., is a global, full-service provider of both prototype/design and production quantities of electronic components, offering more than three million products from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. With over one million products in stock and an impressive selection of online resources, Digi-Key is committed to stocking the broadest range of electronic components in the industry and providing the best service possible to its customers. Additional information and access to Digi-Key's broad product offering is available on the Digi-Key website.