802.15.4 and ZigBee Compliant Network Co-Processor
The EM260 is designed to provide customers the flexibility of choosing their own microcontroller to run their application, while interfacing to the EM260 to provide all the ZigBee functionality. The EM260 integrates an IEEE 802.15.4 2.4GHz unlicensed spectrum ZigBee radio, along with the baseband, network microcontroller and onboard memory to run the protocol stack from the PHY layer to the network layer. It includes built in powerful debug modes including network wide debugging support to rapidly get customers from the design phase into production.
Designed specifically for use with EmberZNet PRO, Ember’s ZigBee compliant embedded mesh networking software, the EM260 is optimized for designs requiring long battery life, low external component count, and a reliable, proven, industry-standard networking solution.
The EM260’s industry proven embedded 16-bit XAP2 microcontroller was specifically chosen to run ZigBee. The microcontroller has excellent low power modes in order to keep the over all power consumption of the ZigBee solution very low, making this solution well suited for battery operated devices that are required to run for many years without changing the batteries.
The EM260’s built-in 802.15.4 RF section provides the highest level of integration, requiring only minimal external components. It provides exceptional interference immunity to other 2.4GHz interferers, and excellent receiver sensitivity for long range. For applications requiring even longer range, an easy method of connecting an external PA and/ or LNA is provided.
- Complete network processor plus radio containing a complete network level ZigBee implementation
- SPI-Slave or UART interface to an application microcontroller, proving the full serialized EmberZNet PRO interface
- Digital RSSI/802.15.4 Link Quality Indication
- Hardware encryption engine (AES 128) with true random number generator
- Capable of being ZigBee coordinator, Full-Functional Device (FFD), and Reduced Functional Device (RFD)
- Sleep current 1µA max
- Hardware supported network level debugging
- Current - Receiving:36mA
- Current - Transmitting:36mA
- Mounting Type:Surface Mount
- Operating Temperature:-40°C ~ 85°C
- Package / Case:40-VFQFN Exposed Pad
- Packaging:Tape & Reel (TR)
- Power - Output:2.5dBm
- RF Family/Standard:802.15.4
- Serial Interfaces:SPI, UART
- Supplier Device Package:40-QFN (6x6)
- Type:TxRx + MCU
- Voltage - Supply:2.1V ~ 3.6V