Single-Chip ZigBee/802.15.4 Solution
The EM250 is a single-chip solution that integrates a 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4-compliant transceiver with a 16-bit XAP2b microprocessor. It contains integrated Flash and RAM memory and peripherals of use to designers of ZigBee-based applications. The transceiver utilizes an efficient architecture that exceeds the dynamic range requirements imposed by the IEEE 802.15.4-2003 standard by over 15dB.
The integrated receive channel filtering allows for co-existence with other communication standards in the 2.4GHz spectrum such as IEEE 802.11g and Bluetooth. The integrated regulator, VCO, loop filter, and power amplifier keep the external component count low. An optional high performance radio mode (boost mode) is software selectable to boost dynamic range by a further 3dB.
The XAP2b microprocessor is a power-optimized core integrated in the EM250. It supports two different modes of operation—System Mode and Application Mode. The EmberZNet stack runs in System Mode with full access to all areas of the chip. Application code runs in Application Mode with limited access to the EM250 resources; this allows for the scheduling of events by the application developer while preventing modification of restricted areas of memory and registers. This architecture results in increased stability and reliability of deployed solutions.
- Robust RX filtering allow co-existence with IEEE 802.11g and Bluetooth devices
- -97dBm RX sensitivity (1% PER, 20byte packet)
- Increased radio performance mode (boost mode) gives -98dBm sensitivity and +5dBm transmit power
- Integrated VCO and loop filter
- Integrated IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and lower MAC with DMA
- 16-bit XAP2b microprocessor
- Deep sleep - 1µA
- Current - Receiving:36mA
- Current - Transmitting:36mA
- Data Rate (Max):12Mbps
- Memory Size:128kB Flash, 5kB SRAM
- Operating Temperature:-40°C ~ 85°C
- Package / Case:48-VFQFN Exposed Pad
- Packaging:Tape & Reel (TR)
- Power - Output:5dBm
- RF Family/Standard:802.15.4
- Serial Interfaces:I²C, SPI, UART
- Type:TxRx + MCU
- Voltage - Supply:2.1 V ~ 3.6 V