Digital Diagnostic SFP 850nm, 4.25GBd Optical Transceivers
Foxconn Optical Interconnect Technologies, Inc.
The AFBR-57R5AEZ, AFBR-57R5APZ optical transceivers support high-speed serial links over multimode optical fiber at signaling rates up to 4.25Gb/s.
The AFBR-57R5AEZ, AFBR-57R5APZ optical transceivers support high-speed serial links over multimode optical fiber at signaling rates up to 4.25Gb/s. Compliant with Small Form Pluggable (SFP) Multi Source Agreement (MSA) mechanical and electrical specifications for LC Duplex transceivers, ANSI Fibre Channel FC-PI, FC-PI-2 and compatible with IEEE 802.3 for gigabit applications. The part is electrically interoperable with SFP conformant devices.
As an enhancement to the conventional SFP interface defined in SFF-8074i, the AFBR-57R5AEZ, AFBR-57R5APZ are compliant to SFF-8472 (digital diagnostic interface for optical transceivers). Using the 2-wire serial interface defined in the SFF-8472 MSA, the AFBR-57R5AEZ, AFBR-57R5APZ provides real time temperature, supply voltage, laser bias current, laser average output power and received input power. This information is in addition to conventional SFP base data. The digital diagnostic interface also adds the ability to disable the transmitter (TX_DISABLE), monitor for Transmitter Faults (TX_FAULT), and monitor for Receiver Loss of Signal (RX_LOS).
- Diagnostic Features Per SFF-8472 "Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for Optical Transceivers"
- Real time monitors of:
- Transmitted optical power
- Received optical power
- Laser bias current
- Supply voltage
- Transceiver specifications per SFP (SFF-8074i) Multi-Source Agreement and SFF-8472 (revision 9.3)
- 4.25 GBd Fibre Channel operation for FC-PI 400-M5-SN-I and 400-M6-SN-I
- 2.125 GBd Fibre Channel operation for FC-PI 200-M5-SN-I and 200-M6-SN-I
- 1.0625 GBd Fibre Channel operation for FC-PI 100-M5-SN-I and 100-M6-SN-I
- LC Duplex optical connector interface conforming to ANSI TIA/EIA604-10 (FOCIS 10)
- 850nm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) source technology
- IEC 60825-1 Class 1/CDRH Class 1 laser eye safe
- Compatible with Gigabit Ethernet
- Enhanced EMI performance
- Fibre channel system
- Director class switches
- Fabric switches
- HBA cards
- Disk and tape drive arrays
- Connector Type:LC Duplex
- Data Rate:4.25GBd ~ 4.25Gbps
- Mounting Type:Pluggable, SFP
- Voltage - Supply:3.3V